Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Hollywood Is Talking Interview w/ "Date Number One" director/distributor

Hollywood Is Talking blog interviewed me about Date Number One & other Sujewa things. Read it in all its glory right here.

Here's one Q & A exchange:

H.I.T: What led you into filmmaking? Say, as opposed to painting or punk rock?

Sujewa: Awareness of mortality: yes, it's true, I may die one day. So, "what awesome challenging (& legal) thing can I do (holding up liquor stores is out, not legal) during my time on earth?" was the Q I asked myself. I had always been creative & a thinker, and had a good sales skillz & entrepreneurial bent (this was when I was taking a look at myself at 18), and Spike Lee was getting well known for his indie filmmaking activities, & I liked the movies in general, and I wanted to have a positive impact on the world, so I decided to become a filmmaker. Indie filmmaking was the most accessible path to that goal. And now DIY filmmaking is the most accessible path, as far as I am concerned, for that goal. So I do that. I also draw, maybe I'll paint one day. I am pretty sure I'll start a indie/punk band one day. Got an accordion that I am itchin' to play.

Read the rest of the interview here.

Thanks Hollywood Is Talking blog!

- Sujewa

No comments:

BREAKTHROUGH WEEKEND Teaser Trailer

DATE NUMBER ONE on Vimeo VOD

Indie Film Blogger Road Trip

At DIY Filmmaker Blog's Facebook Page

Followers

BREAKTHROUGH WEEKEND Teaser Trailer on Vimeo

Breakthrough Weekend teaser trailer on YouTube

Good Reads