Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Mission: Washington OR Let's see how much local press I can generate for the upcoming 1 week run of Date Number One (7/12 - 18, Kensington, MD)

The last time I played a movie of mine for a week in the Washington, DC area was in 1999 - my now "suppressed" :) feature Wild Diner played at Cineplex Odeon Foundry in Georgetown for a week. That was also the last time I received some decent press coverage from the Washington Post. 6 years later, the film this time is much better and I've got a lot more experience in producing DIY screenings, so, I should be able to generate a lot more press & get the word out re: the run throughout the DC area. Some facts & figures will be uncovered: how many people actually live around here (5 million?), how many are interested in real indie films?, how do I get the word out to those people?, can I get TV & radio & mainstream print press coverage? All interesting & useful things to figure out. Will post results as I work through the 2 months leading up to the July 12 -18 run of Date Number One in Kensington, MD.

- Sujewa

No comments:

BREAKTHROUGH WEEKEND Teaser Trailer

DATE NUMBER ONE on Vimeo VOD

Indie Film Blogger Road Trip

At DIY Filmmaker Blog's Facebook Page

Followers

BREAKTHROUGH WEEKEND Teaser Trailer on Vimeo

Breakthrough Weekend teaser trailer on YouTube

Good Reads