Thursday, July 10, 2008

After the end of July filming in NYC I should have enough material to edit The Indie Film Bloggers

I am going for an around 90 minutes long doc with The Indie Film Bloggers; and by the time the late July interviews are filmed in NYC, I should have close to 15 hours of interview & other footage - plenty with which to create the movie I envision.

This project is happening a lot faster than my previous feature - the comedy Date Number One, which took about 1.5 years (summer '04 - winter '06) to shoot. Because Bloggers is an interview doc & not a scripted fictional work that requires auditions & rehearsals I am able to get it shot faster. Hopefully I can carry some of these new fast working abilities over to making my next fiction feature, Actress, which I plan on shooting this summer-fall.

- Sujewa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sujewa, are sure 15 hours of footage is enough to make a 90-minute film? Not to knock the bloggers you've interviewed, but that seems like a dangerously thin ratio to me.

The Sujewa said...

Hey Anonymous,

I'll put together an assembly from the 15 hours or so of footage & see how it plays. If more material is needed I can always film more.

I think 15 hours - interviews with 15 or so bloggers - will be more than enough material; because there are other segments in the doc that are not interviews - anyway, we'll see how it goes.

And, stop being Anonymous :)

- Sujewa

Anonymous said...

Herzog made 'In the Land of Silence and Darkness' with essentially a 1 to 1 shooting ratio, so who knows? You may be sitting on the Shoah of blogging docs.

The Sujewa said...

I think 900 minutes of raw footage (15 hours) and 90 minutes of final is a 10:1 ratio, so, there is a quite a bit of material for me to work with.

Also, for some interviews, the entire interview can stand alone as a separate program because the kind of questions I am asking/info. being covered does not typically get discussed at the blogs of the bloggers (mostly bloggers blog about other people & events, not themselves; and I do ask some "weird" questions).

I like to think I am sitting on The Real Cancun of blogger docs. With perhaps more skin.

- Sujewa

BREAKTHROUGH WEEKEND Teaser Trailer

DATE NUMBER ONE on Vimeo VOD

Indie Film Blogger Road Trip

At DIY Filmmaker Blog's Facebook Page

Followers

BREAKTHROUGH WEEKEND Teaser Trailer on Vimeo

Breakthrough Weekend teaser trailer on YouTube

Good Reads