Monday, December 14, 2009

IFP website registration is not difficult - Explore IFP Post 2

At first (assuming I had registered months ago) I tried entering my e-mail & member ID # to sign in to IFP's site, did not work. Then I read info. on joining the site & learned that joining the site is free & that once joined I could link my IFP membership to it (for updating info, printing out membership card, etc.). So, with that info on hand I joined the site (created a new password for it, etc.), & now my IFP membership account is linked to my IFP website account - all seems fine. There was a little bit of confusion (in my mind) re: the free site account & the paid membership account - but it only took me a minute or so to figure out why I could not sign in to the site.

I think, generally, the IFP website could be simplified, or the design could be improved. I like bank websites (they handle a lot of important information, but interacting with the sites - the ones I've seen - are relatively easy & simple), also I like Apple's website (Amazon's is not bad either). So - seemingly simple - not too many items on each page, and bright (maybe a white background for IFP site pages?), also secure seems to be things I dig about websites for orgs & businesses that I am a part of or that I need to use often. I'll try to keep some notes on possible improvements that can be made to IFP's site as I explore it more, & will turn the notes in to IFP at some point in the near future.

Will try to print out my membership card tomorrow.

- Sujewa

No comments:

BREAKTHROUGH WEEKEND Teaser Trailer

DATE NUMBER ONE on Vimeo VOD

Indie Film Blogger Road Trip

At DIY Filmmaker Blog's Facebook Page

Followers

BREAKTHROUGH WEEKEND Teaser Trailer on Vimeo

Breakthrough Weekend teaser trailer on YouTube

Good Reads