sujewa films nyc

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Variety interview, IFP panel coming up :: Still not motivated to submit to festivals

Looks like I will be interviewed for a Variety article next week. It's for an upcoming indie film issue of theirs (didn't know they had indie film issues, very cool). Will write more about this after the interview happens.

Also, speaking of new indie film opportunities, last week I was invited to speak at an IFP panel event in October re: self-distribution & using new media/alternative publicity methods, etc. Will do a full post about this in the coming week. The panel event sounds interesting & useful. One that I would attend even if I wasn't a part of it. I've never been on an indie film panel before, so this is exciting. & the event will be in NYC, which doubles the excitement level.

Still not motivated to submit Date Number One to film festivals. Fest deadlines come & go
w/out having any real impact on me. I've had good luck with 4-wall screenings & a couple of excellent bookings, so I think I'll just keep heading in that direction. Festivals are useful, but not every indie film needs to take the festival route to get to the audience. I like being able to (or at least there being the chance of) making money from every screening, makes the management of debt-related-to-the-film a tiny bit easier. Fests at this point do not share revenue from screenings with filmmakers (there may be a couple of exceptions out there). When fests do start sharing $s with filmmakers, I will no doubt take them more seriously. But, my objections to participating in them aside, film festivals are, & have been, a very positive thing for indie film fans & makers for a long, long time.

Now I am off to check out a great deal I found on an ad space at an excellent blog.

- Sujewa

6 comments:

Chris Hansen said...

Cool about the Variety interview, Suj. How'd you swing that?

The Sujewa said...

a writer who is writing one of the articles contacted me, knew about my flick, probably from all the blog entries I do about the film.
will ask how he found out about the film when the interview happens.

Chris Hansen said...

well, regardless, it's very cool. congrats!

The Sujewa said...

thanks chris!

Jacky Treehorn said...

It's the industry rag Sujewa! Well done!

JB

The Sujewa said...

Hey JB,

Thanks for the well done. Yeah, I am kind of excited about it. Will be a lot more excited when I actually see info. on my flick in Variety, when the interview is done & the article/V's indie film issue comes out. All in all sounds like a pretty good press opportunity. most eggcellent :)

- Sujewa

BREAKTHROUGH WEEKEND Teaser Trailer

DATE NUMBER ONE on Vimeo VOD

Indie Film Blogger Road Trip

ad - wifi doorbells from rintercom

NEW WiFi Doorbells from Rintercom - amazing deals on a great product


call us for great prices on wifi doorbell intercoms & similar items! we sell wholesale to builders. also retail to individual users.

we have several wifi doorbell intercoms starting at $180. see various products & prices here - http://www.rintercom.com/blank-1

WiFi Doorbell Intercom
Monitor your doorsteps at anytime and anywhere from your smartphone or tablet
Receive Instant Alerts everytime a visitor presses your doorbell
No App charges or monthly maintenance fees
Using the ControlCam App you can see the live feed video and have a two-way conversation as well as recording both videos and photos.
With any electronic lock or magnetic lock you can unlock the door using the App.

more info here - http://www.rintercom.com/

or visit our showroom in brooklyn!

*
similar to skybell wifi doorbell, ring wifi doorbell, door bird wifi doorbells

At DIY Filmmaker Blog's Facebook Page

Followers

BREAKTHROUGH WEEKEND Teaser Trailer on Vimeo

Breakthrough Weekend teaser trailer on YouTube

Good Reads