Monday, November 26, 2007

Flip Video camera: $180, YouTube friendly

As I was checking out a DVD at my local Blockbuster Video store earlier today, I saw a small video camera called Flip Video for sale there. Price: $180, stores 1 hour worth of video, looks like it is very easy to use & the best part is that it has a USB arm that plugs into the computer; no cable needed. Looks like it is a cheap & easy to use YouTube machine - a device created pretty much for people interested in easily capturing home/amature/non-professional quality video & getting it up on YouTube & other similar sites. I guess this camera has been around for a few months now, but the first time I found out about it was today. Might make a nice gift for someone who is interested in getting some stuff up on YouTube but is not interested in doing the post-production stuff that comes with shooting on tape. Some Flip Video links:

Official website

CNN Money article on the camera

geeksugar article

- sujewa

3 comments:

Aaron said...

Could be fun. I think I'm going to pick one up.

CrsDnz said...

Thanks for that. I'm a photography student at Florida State University and I recently got a grant to photograph/document in the Galapagos Islands. I came across your blog searching for small camcorders that I could use to document the interviews and events that my camera could not. Do you think I would need more than this?

The Sujewa said...

So you have a main camera & you are thinking about buying a Flip as a second camera?

You may want to get one, test it out, & if it does not meet your needs, return it (get it from a place where you are able to return it).

- S

BREAKTHROUGH WEEKEND Teaser Trailer

DATE NUMBER ONE on Vimeo VOD

Indie Film Blogger Road Trip

At DIY Filmmaker Blog's Facebook Page

Followers

BREAKTHROUGH WEEKEND Teaser Trailer on Vimeo

Breakthrough Weekend teaser trailer on YouTube

Good Reads