"THE NEW VISION CINEMA SERIES, MONDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2009
6:00PM, ADMISSION: $6
THE IRT THEATRE,
154 CHRISTOPHER ST., ROOM #3B,
NEW YORK, NEW YORK.
Continuing in the tradition of the Invisible Film Series, the New Vision Cinema Series presents a broad range of film and videos from an equally-diverse selection of cineastes. Founded in 2000 by Jennifer MacMillan as the Invisible Film Series, the New Vision Cinema Series has endeavored to showcase the talents of some of the finest local (and sometimes, not-so-local) independent film and video talents of the Greater New York City area. Since its inception, the series has shown works of such notables as Stan Brakhage, Mike Kuchar, Nick Zedd, Jennifer Reeves, and Bradley Eros. With the departure of Ms. MacMillan from its fold (a hard act to follow), the series has been under the sole curatorship of its former co-curator, Michael Park.
New Vision is now proud to announce the addition of its newest venue, the IRT Theatre in the West Village!
Showing in this installment:
1. THE AVENGERS (PEEL THE THE REEL REMIX) by Power Themes 90 and
peterpeel (3.5 min): to start out our "just missed valentine's day" tribute to
love, this reworking of a bygone television romantic classic.
2. THE DROWN: HOMAGE by Amy Leonard (4 min): and on the heels of our
gallant avengers, this updating to music video genre of the film noir ouevre.
3. THE FIRE SUITE. PART 1: DANCE INTO THE FIRE by Mike Park (5 min):
your show curator dives into the valentine's season with this devilish/ angelic
4. THE TEAT BEAT OF SEX, EPISODES 8-11 by Signe Baumane (7 min): we
jump into full animation mode with these examinations into what often naturally
follows from love,...
5. I'M SAVING THIS RAPE FOR SOMEONE WHO LOVES ME by Jessica Delfino
(3 min): an oddly-sweet-and-funny treatment about events that come about
when attraction goes all wrong.
6. HUNGRY EYES by Eric Carmen and rebecca (2,5 min): that old favorite song
from DIRTY DANCING applied to another classic tv romantic duo.
7. DREAM DATE by David Manis (11 min): that old institution, the blind date, gets
examined from every possible perspective in this charming short.
8. THE Q by Germain Lewis (20 min): what is commonly becoming a modern folly
is examined here: the missed connection.
9. ALL ALONG by Robert Angelo Masciantonio (76.5 min): our feature
presentation explores comedically that burning question many married men find
themselves confronted with: did i truly find the girl of my dreams?
10. ICE CASTLES ENDING by Donald Wrye and joeporto1 (10 min): your old softy
of a curator just had to end this valentine's show with one of the most romantic
moments in film for him. sorry, those of you who don't like spoilers!
Directions to the IRT Theatre:
Take the 1, 2, 3, or 9 train to Christopher Street/ Sheridan Square..
Walk towards the water to the corner of Christopher and Greenwich Streets.
Cross Greenwich St. 154 Christopher will be to your left.
Enter and take the elevator to the third floor, Room #3B."
Contact: Curator Mike Park