sujewa films nyc

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Why I Blog

Since some indie film bloggers are stopping or thinking about stopping their web journal writing activity, I thought for a minute about why I blog; and here are 10 reasons:

1. Blogging is a way to promote my filmmaking work

2. Blogging is writing, and writing on a regular basis generates new ideas - ideas that are useful for my films

3. Blogs are an important part of the real indie filmmaking & distribution community, and I like participating in & being a part of that community through my blog & other means

4. I get free passes to screenings at film festivals because I blog

5. I get to meet; interview, etc., other filmmakers & others who are a part of the indie film world, thus increasing my list of contacts, making it easier for me to make & distribute movies

6. I can promote movies, people, causes, and things I like through my blog

7. I can speak against things I do not like through my blog

8. Once I received a $25 donation from a fan of this blog

9. I make new friends through blogging

10. Blogging is easy & fast, thus a convenient thing to do if I want to work in a tiny bit of creativity into an otherwise day job & life maintenance work filled day; blogging is a somewhat productive creative escapist activity, & also can be a reinvigorating activity.

That said, this week most of my blogging will have to happen during the weekend, 'cause I need to get a bunch of extra work done to be ready for the 5/22 screening of Date Number One. So, some new posts during the week, a lot this weekend. I think making blogging a complementary part of other real world work is the way to go, as far as making blogging a lasting activity/avoiding burnout.

- Sujewa

2 comments:

PR_GMR said...

Great post! I wholeheartedly agree with all 10 of your reasons (well, 9. I've yet have any money donated to me). These are the reasons why I also blog.

The Sujewa said...

Thanks for the positive words there Mr. Armando. Checked out your MDFF notes, good stuff. See ya at Charmhenge!

- Sujewa

BREAKTHROUGH WEEKEND Teaser Trailer

DATE NUMBER ONE on Vimeo VOD

Indie Film Blogger Road Trip

ad - wifi doorbells from rintercom

NEW WiFi Doorbells from Rintercom - amazing deals on a great product


call us for great prices on wifi doorbell intercoms & similar items! we sell wholesale to builders. also retail to individual users.

we have several wifi doorbell intercoms starting at $180. see various products & prices here - http://www.rintercom.com/blank-1

WiFi Doorbell Intercom
Monitor your doorsteps at anytime and anywhere from your smartphone or tablet
Receive Instant Alerts everytime a visitor presses your doorbell
No App charges or monthly maintenance fees
Using the ControlCam App you can see the live feed video and have a two-way conversation as well as recording both videos and photos.
With any electronic lock or magnetic lock you can unlock the door using the App.

more info here - http://www.rintercom.com/

or visit our showroom in brooklyn!

*
similar to skybell wifi doorbell, ring wifi doorbell, door bird wifi doorbells

At DIY Filmmaker Blog's Facebook Page

Followers

BREAKTHROUGH WEEKEND Teaser Trailer on Vimeo

Breakthrough Weekend teaser trailer on YouTube

Good Reads