Friday, May 09, 2008

Yeast director Mary Bronstein interview at Linear Reflections

From Linear Reflections:

"LR: How did this project come to fruition? If you could, please provide me with a rundown, start to finish, from your involvement.

[Bronstein] I decided to make this film after I realized that I didn’t want to wait around for other people to make projects. I wanted to make a film about female friendships that dealt with the issues of resentment, hostility and emotional manipulation that often are present in too-close enmeshed friendships of either sex. I wanted to make a film about women that I’ve never seen before, about people who have no business being friends with each other but don’t know how to stop. And I wanted to see if I could pull it off. I wrote out an outline and tried to get my husband Ronnie to make it as his next project. When that didn't work, I decided that I liked the ideas too much to give up and tried to make it anyway."

Read the rest here.

Go here for more on Yeast.

- Sujewa

No comments:

BREAKTHROUGH WEEKEND Teaser Trailer

DATE NUMBER ONE on Vimeo VOD

Indie Film Blogger Road Trip

At DIY Filmmaker Blog's Facebook Page

Followers

BREAKTHROUGH WEEKEND Teaser Trailer on Vimeo

Breakthrough Weekend teaser trailer on YouTube

Good Reads